Monday, May 01, 2006

Seashanty

This is a music video I did for local Melbourne artist Tofa. It was, put simply, hell. We shot using an improvised green screen (a big bedsheet) with Tofa, Mike and Lizanne. Poor Mike nearly did his back lifting Lizanne up for repeated takes of the "crossing the threshold" shot, and everyone ended up blinded at some point by the lights. But after the shoot my friend Avril took a bunch of thumbnail sketches of mine and transformed them into all the art that you see. The twinkling star shot was done by my friend Vicky, and I got the wonderful task of animating all the characters and keying all the scenes. The animation didn't take more than a few weekends of work, and it was really fun to boot. However the keying took the equivalent of over a solid month of work (spread out over the better part of a year). Since the greenscreen didn't really work, I had to manually draw and animate masks around everyone when I couldn't pull a decent key. When they call something painstaking, remember that pain is the first part of the word. But the end result is here to see, and I've gotta say, I'm really proud of it. If you like the song, more can be found at Tofa's website: tofa.com.au

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home